Instructions of the Department’s Visitors System (Students)
1. Any student who wishes to be seen by MEU’s Healthcare Department must be enrolled in the academic semester of their visit. Students who have postponed their enrollment in the academic semester of their visit may not benefit from the department’s services.
2. The student must present their university ID to the receptionist, who will then prepare the student’s medical file for treatment. The student will then wait to see the physician.
3. The receptionist records the relevant patient information in the student’s file including the student’s name, university number, faculty of study, specialisation of study, and date of the visit.
4. The doctors then conduct the necessary medical examinations, prescribe the appropriate medication, and give the appropriate medical recommendations.
5. The doctor decides on whether to give the patient a sick leave allowance or not, and decides whether the patient should be transferred to an approved in-network doctor and/or hospital.
6. The patient then receives their prescribed medicine from the department’s pharmacy.
7. The patient’s medical file is returned to reception to be added to the daily patient records including the documentation of the given recommended treatment.
8. The student will be able to visit in-network hospitals directly in emergency cases as mentioned in the procedures of health insurance for students.