General Academic Rules for Undergraduate Studies
Adding and Dropping:
Students are allowed to add and drop courses during the first two weeks of regular semester.
- Students who drop a course within four weeks of starting regular semester will receive 50%of the tuition fees of the dropped course.
- Students who drop a course after four weeks and till the 14th week from starting regular semester will not receive any tuition fees of the dropped course.
- Dropping a course or semester should be done by filling out the official forms.
- Students who withdraw from semester are considered deferred. They are allowed to drop the semester before the beginning of final exams according to the academic calendar.
- In case of absence from any final exam, a student must fill the official form of incomplete within 48 hours from absence and sit for the incomplete exam by the following semester as scheduled by the faculty.
Maximum allowed deferred semester by the Faculty Dean is (4) semesters and Dean’s Council for maximum 6 semesters.
Deferring semester is only allowed after completing one regular semester.
A student is allowed to have of maximum two alternative courses in the expected graduation semester if:
- The compulsory course is not offered during graduation semester or if it conflicts with another course.
- Failing a compulsory course of minimum three times during the academic study.
- Non Jordanian students are allowed to take alternative course for military sciences and national education.
Alternative courses must be given by the same department; if this is not available then from the same faculty, and finally if not applicable then from other faculties.
Probation and Dismissal:
- A student after any first enrolment semester is placed under probation if his GPA is less than (2) points.
- A student has two semesters to remove the probation and must have a GPA not less than two.
- A student who passed successfully (99) credit hours from the study plan is excluded from dismissal.
- If student’s GPA is less than (1) point at the end of the 2nd regular semester then student is dismissed from discipline or major.
- A dismissed student either transfers to another major or into special complementary studies.
The Grading System of Bachelor’s Degree (2015/2016):
Minimum pass grade for each course is (D).
Cumulative and Semester average grades:
The minimum cumulative average pass grade is (2.00).