Bcs Renewable Energy Engineering
About the program
Renewable Energy Engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the efficient, safe and economically feasible generation and transmission of various forms of energy from automatically renewable, inexhaustible sources of energy. Recently, Renewable Energy sources has outpaced conventional sources of energy. Moreover, searching for other renewable forms of energy has become a national economic necessity due to the scarcity of traditional energy sources in Jordan, which imports more than 96% of its total energy in the form of traditional energy. Studying Renewable Energy Engineering introduces students to fields of knowledge concerned with electrical engineering, thermos-mechanical engineering, as well as diverse branches related to the study of energy. Such knowledge is important for understanding the economic, administrative, and environmental impact of energy and for creating solutions that contribute to the creation of alternative and renewable sources of energy. Such approaches ensure enhanced energy efficiency and reduce carbon dioxide emissions and their negative impact on the environment. To this end, studies of the following aspects have become fundamental: photoelectric cells, solar thermal energy, wind energy, and hydropower.
Where and what do Renewable Energy Engineering graduates work?
The growing demand for traditional energy sources, the increase in world population, the increase in carbon dioxide emissions, and the increasing awareness about environment are all factors that created a demand for renewable energy engineering all over the world. Renewable energy is a field that offers diverse career options for people trying to make the world a better place to live.
Since renewable energy is a comprehensive field, it offers various opportunities where a graduate can work in both the public and the private sectors:
- A Supervising or Managing Engineer in all sorts of renewable energy power plants.
- A Supervising or Managing Engineer or a Design Engineer in all kinds of ministries and municipalities.
- A Supervising or Managing Engineer in electricity distribution companies.
- A Supervising or Managing Engineer, a Design Engineer or an Executive Engineer in renewable energy engineering consulting firms.
- Maintenance and electric installations companies.
- Vocational training institutes.
- Marketing and sales.
- A Supervising or Managing Engineer, a Design Engineer or an Executive Engineer in energy project management companies.
- A researcher or a manager in centers for technical research on energy fields.
- Central labs for renewable energy companies.
Why study Renewable Energy Engineering at MEU?
- A syllabus that is up to date with the needs of the local and international market.
- A distinguished academic faculty composed of graduates from esteemed international universities.
- Specialized training courses on cutting-edge engineering software.
- The university boasts state-of-the-art labs for learning, research, and applications for all the branches of renewable energy engineering.
- The university boasts state-of-the-art technology in its classrooms.
- MEU is a member of the Federation of Arab Engineers.
- MEU is a member of the Association of Energy Engineers.
- MEU is a member of Jordan Engineers Association within the Mechanical Engineering Division.
- The faculty signs numerous agreements and partnerships with local and regional companies to ensure decent job opportunities for its graduate
. The Faculty of Engineering where this program is taught received the Quality Assurance Certificate issued by the Accreditation and Quality Assurance Commission for Higher Education Institutions.