Bachelor of Renewable Energy Engineering
Renewable Energy Engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the efficient, safe and economically feasible generation and transmission of various forms of energy from automatically renewable, inexhaustible sources of energy, so that they can be used in all different fields of industry. Renewable Energy Engineering has recently become an important field of study in light of the constant rise in conventional energy prices and the growing need and demand for energy. Moreover, searching for other renewable forms of energy has become a national economic necessity due to the scarcity of traditional energy sources in Jordan, which imports more than 96% of its total energy in the form of traditional energy. Studying Renewable Energy Engineering introduces students to fields of knowledge concerned with electrical engineering, thermal mechanical engineering, as well as diverse branches related to the study of energy. Such knowledge is important for understanding the economic, administrative, and environmental impact of energy and for creating solutions that contribute to the creation of alternative and renewable sources of energy, so as to raise energy efficiency and reduce carbon dioxide emissions and their negative impact on the environment. To this end, studies of the following aspects have become fundamental: photoelectric cells, solar thermal energy, wind energy, and hydropower.
Where and what do Renewable Energy Engineering graduates work?
Since renewable energy is a comprehensive field, it offers various opportunities where a graduate can work in both the public and the private sectors as supervising engineers, design managers, executive or supervising engineer, or specialized researcher in the following places:
- Renewable energy power plants.
- Ministries and municipalities.
- Vocational training institutes.
- Electricity distribution companies.
- Maintenance and electric installations companies.
- Energy project management companies.
- Centers for technical research on energy fields.
- Central labs for renewable energy companies.
- Marketing and sales.
In addition, the Bachelor of Renewable Energy Engineering enables graduates to start their own enterprises in one of the various areas taught during their studies.
Why study Renewable Energy Engineering at MEU?
- A syllabus that is up to date with the needs of the local and international market.
- A distinguished academic faculty composed of graduates from esteemed international universities.
- Specialized training courses on cutting-edge engineering software.
- The university boasts state-of-the-art labs for learning, research, and applications for all the branches of renewable energy engineering.
- The university boasts state-of-the-art technologies and classrooms, providing students with an advanced learning experience.
- The program is accredited by the Federation of Arab Engineers.
- The program is accredited by the Association of Energy Engineers.
- The program is accredited by Jordan Engineers Association within the Mechanical Engineering Division.
- The Faculty of Engineering signs numerous agreements and partnerships with local and regional companies to ensure decent job opportunities for its graduates.
- Free extracurricular training courses provided by the Career Guidance and Alumni Office/King Abdullah II Fund for Development.