Bsc in Computer Science
The Department of Computer Science at the Middle East University was established in the academic year 2005/2006 as part of the Faculty of Information Technology. The College began its program with a Master’s Degree in Computer Science. In the academic year 2010/2011, the College added a new program to grant a bachelor’s degree in computer science. The College also added a program of security and cloud services for the granting of a master’s degree in the academic year 2017/2018 and artificial intelligence program to grant a bachelor’s degree in the academic year 2019/2020. Computer science is one of the applied sciences that characterized the twenty-first century, and is a practical and theoretical study in a systematic manner consistent with the latest findings of modern technology. The field of computer science focuses on the study of algorithms, data structures, and various programming languages. In addition to studying some areas such as artificial intelligence, computer drawing, databases and networks. The strength of the computer science graduate lies in his ability to think creatively and creatively to interact with the fruits of this era and thus the formation of the skills necessary to absorb technology and the possibility of addition and positive impact in various walks of life and various sciences.
The Department of Computer Science updates the study plans and vocabulary materials and review them periodically, in order to keep pace with the continuous and accelerated developments in the field of computer, so that the advantages of the graduate student to meet the requirements of the labor market. This specialization works to reduce the gap between the academic and practical aspects of research through the use of the latest computer technology, where departments are equipped with modern laboratories to keep pace with international laboratories. The department seeks to achieve a distinguished position and leadership among similar departments at the local and regional level, through the provision of a productive academic environment aimed at providing distinctive programs focusing on scientific research and its applications. So we keep up with the present and the future, and the future is computer technology and its uses
There are six main program educational objectives (PEOs) that were discussed and approved by the computer science department, adopted ABET SO’s:
Listed below are the 1-6 student outcomes (SO’s) :
- Analyse a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate computing-based solutions to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.