The Deanship of Graduate Studies and Scientific Research carries out the following tasks and responsibilities:
1. Follow up of the academic supervision of graduate students, and developing the tools and criteria for quality control of supervising and preparing theses.
2. Setting the procedures and instructions of signing up, preparing, and assigning of defense committees of theses.
3. Preparing lists of students who met the requirements of granting the masters degree, with recommendation to be submitted to the council of Deans.
4. Organizing, upholding, and encouraging the production of Scientific research among students and faculty members by publishing or through scientific conferences.
5. Establishing data base for graduate studies and scientific research conducted by Students and faculty members.
6. Preparing aual and periodical reports on the achievements of the deanship to be sent to the President.
7. Preparing the aual budget of the Deanship of Graduate Studies and Scientific Research.