Policy of Transportation Sustainability
Middle East University endeavors to achieve its mission of preparing leaders through creating an environment that stimulates learning, research, and community services. In order to assure its seriousness and commitment and to promote its continuous effort of seeking to learn, MEU is aware of the environmental impact of its various activities. Accordingly, the University adopts a special policy of environmental sustainability within other areas to assure the management of the relationship with its surrounding to protect it, from one side, and to sustain the University’s resources and facilities, from the other. To implement this policy, roles shall be distributed carefully among members of the University to ensure the precise implementation of its procedures. This also requires the consolidation of efforts to reach a safe and friendly campus environment.
In order to ensure the use of a sustainable transportation that serves the environment, from one side, and maintains the University’s resources, from the other, Middle East University adopts a special policy for transportation. Through this policy, the University aims at providing safe transportation means from and to the University on the individual and environmental levels. It also seeks to encourage its members to implement better practices regarding transportation by reducing the use of private cars and facilitating the use of buses or car-sharing. The University also endeavors to provide all help for its members to use electric cars to reduce carbon emissions produced as a result of using traditional means of transportation.
A high quality transportation service to assure the safety and convenience of passengers.
1. Providing transportation service for students and employees at Middle East University.
2. Horizontal coverage of most areas in Amman, Salt, Zarqa and Madaba.
3. Vertical coverage to the widest possible range of users.
4. Maintaining the safety of students and employees while going in and out, riding and moving, entering and leaving the University.
5. Raising awareness of riding and road traffic safety.
6. Contributing to the positive image of the University.
1. Applying public safety and periodical inspection procedures on buses to provide safe and healthy environment.
2. Subscribing in bus transportation through accredited forms.
3. Preparing transportation schedules in accordance with the applications registered.
4. Providing transportation cards by the student services at the University after paying the fees.
5. Handling emergency cases such as accidents and malfunctions quickly by adopting the correct and safe procedure.